Project Profile

Huba NT | Huba

As in most of the country of Nigeria, poverty is severe among the Huba. Basic things like clean drinking water, adequate roads and access to education are only available in some places. There is hope though. Local people are building roads, drilling boreholes and private schools are becoming more common with outside help.

The Huba first learned about Christ in 1921. Today, 90% of the Huba community consider themselves Christian. At least seven Christian denominations are currently active in the area. In recent years, motivated Huba speakers have done some preliminary translation work although without training or input. They’re eager to provide the Bible in their language for the purpose of discipleship and evangelism. They also hope it will help them preserve cultural values and unity.

News from the Field
  • Feb01

    Huba of Nigeria

    During a church service, a Huba man read aloud a portion of Scripture that had just been translated and checked in the Huba language. The people were simply amazed, for they got to hear God’s Word directly—unaided by further explanation on the part of the preacher. As the Huba man later said, once the Bible is in the mother tongue, “there’s little need for commentary.”

    Continue Reading

  • Jan28

    Huba of Nigeria

    As in most of the country of Nigeria, poverty is severe among the Huba. Basic things like clean drinking water, adequate roads and access to education are only available in some places. The Huba first learned about Christ in 1921. Today, 90% of the Huba community consider themselves Christian. The other 10% practice another major faith or traditional African religion. At least seven Christian denominations are currently active in the area.

    Continue Reading

 

Share this page with your friends and family.

Follow The Seed Company on: